How To Manage Employee Hiring Request in FOX HR
FOX HR provides an option for employees or team leaders to create a hiring request if they need new hires for a specified role.
Employees have to click on Fox HR →Requests →Hiring Request to access hiring requests in FOX HR.
All Employees shall have access to create a Hiring Request. The employee can create a Hiring Request view the created request at any time. The employee who created the request can cancel it until it is approved completely.
Creating Hiring Request
When the employee clicks on the ‘Hiring Request’ card on the Employee Requests page, the system shall navigate to a new screen for creating the Hiring Request. On top of the page, the page’s path shall be displayed as ‘Employee Requests / Hiring Request.’
The screen shall have the following fields for the employee to enter the details:
- Job Title – The Job Title for which the Hiring is requested shall be selected from the list available. A dropdown shall show all the Job Titles available in Fox HR. The user shall be able to select the required Job Title and request it. If the Job Title is not available in the list, then the new Job Title needs to create first in the Job Title master’s in organizational management under Customer Administration. This field shall be mandatory.
- No. of Positions – The number of positions required for hiring shall be selected from a dropdown, which shows values from 1 to 50. This field is also mandatory.
- Required Month/Year – The Hiring required for which month and year shall be selected from a dropdown. The dropdown shall show values from the current month for the next two years. The values should be Month and Year (Example: November 2020). This field is also mandatory.
- Hiring Request Reference ID – The Hiring request shall have a unique ID for each request. The ID shall be used while enrolling a new employee. If the new employee is created about a Hiring request, the Unique ID shall be referred for information and reporting purposes. This field is also mandatory.
- Hiring Type – The type of hiring can be selected from this field. This field shall be a dropdown field, with the following values (1) Permanent Employee and (2) Contract Employee. The user shall be able to select one of the values. This field is also mandatory.
- Period of Hiring – The hiring period shall be selected from this field. The field shall be a dropdown field with the following values (1) Long Term and (2) Short Term. This field is also mandatory.
- Comments – The employee shall be able to enter any comments regarding the Hiring Request in the ‘Comments’ field. This shall be a text field and a non-mandatory field.
- Attachment – There shall be an option for the employee to attach files related to the Hiring request. The employee shall be able to attach more than one file. The attachment option shall have the standard options, like the employee shall be able to select a specific file and attach it. Once attached, the employee should be able to view it. Attachment is not a mandatory option.
- Submit – There shall be an option to submit the Hiring Request. Once all the mandatory fields are entered, the user shall be able to Submit the request. Once submitted, the Requested will be saved and moved for approval. The submitted Hiring Request shall be available in the ‘My Request’ tab in the Dashboard for the employee to view it or can it. Once submitted, the system shall navigate back to the Dashboard screen.
- Cancel – If the user does not want to submit the request, then the user can click on cancel, which will cancel the request without submitting/processing further. Once cancelled, the system shall navigate back to the Dashboard screen.
Viewing a Hiring Request
The employee who has created the Hiring Request shall be able to view the Hiring Request at any time by going to the ‘My Requests’ tab under the Dashboard. The employee who has created the Hiring Request can cancel until the request is approved completely.
The Approvers can also view the Hiring Requests from the ‘Action’ tab under the Dashboard. The Approvers are the users available in the Workflow levels for the Hiring Requests.
Each Hiring Request shall be shown under the ‘Actions’ tab and ‘My Requests’ tab in the dashboard. On clicking on the option, the system shall navigate to a new page with complete details of the Hiring Request.
The page shall be divided into four areas, namely Header, Request Details, Workflow Status, and Workflow Comments.
In the Header area of the page, the following details shall be available:
- Request Type
- Date of creation of the Request
- Cancel Request
- Employee Profile Photo
- Employee ID
- Employee Name
- Job Title
- Request Status
In the Request Details area of the page, the following details shall be available:
- Job Title – The Job Title selected in the request shall be displayed.
- No. of Positions – The number of chosen positions in the request shall be displayed.
- Required Month/Year – The hiring required for the period shall be displayed.
- Hiring Request Reference ID – The autogenerated reference ID shall be displayed.
- Hiring Type – The hiring type selected in the requests shall be displayed.
- Period of Hiring – The Period of Hiring selected in the requests shall be displayed.
- Comments – Any comments entered in the Hiring Request shall be displayed.
- Attachment – Any attachment added in the Hiring Request shall be displayed, and approvers can view it.
In the Workflow Status area of the page, the following details shall be available:
The workflow levels for the Hiring Request shall be displayed in card views. Each workflow level shall have a card. There shall be an option to scroll left or right to view the cards if the number of cards is more than the page width. Each card shall have the following details:
- The sequence of the Workflow level – The sequence of the workflow level shall be displayed at the top of the card. This will be in a numeric sequence starting from ‘1’ till the end of the workflow level.
- The status of the Workflow level – The status of each workflow level shall be displayed. If the status is pending, it will show ‘Pending.’ If it’s approved, it will show status ‘Approved’ with the date/time of approval. If the status is rejected, then it will show status as ‘Rejected’ with the date/time of rejection. If hiring is provided by any of the approvers in the workflow level, then that also should be notified. If the user cancels the request, that status also needs to be displayed between the levels.
- Profile Photo of the Approver
- Name of the Approver
- Job Title of the Approver
- Received Date/Time
In the Workflow Comments area of the page, the following details shall be available:
There shall be an option for the users who have access to view the details of the request to put comments at any point in time. The comments entered will be tagged against the user with the timestamp.
- Name of the person – The name of the person who put the comment shall be displayed
- Date/time of Comment – The date and time the comment is added shall be displayed.
- Comment – The comment shall be displayed.
- Add new Comment – There shall be an option for the user to add new comments by clicking on the Add button.
When the employee submits the Hiring Request, a notification will be triggered to the first approver. There shall be a push notification for the Hiring Request for the first approver near the right top of the web page.
Also, there will be an Email notification for Hiring Request to the approver, requesting to view and approve the request. The approver can either go to the dashboard and approve the request from his ‘Action’ tab or the mail notification; there shall be an option to approve the request directly.
To sum up
Hiring request can be easily created in FOX HR. HR departments can thus hire new employees once the hiring request is fully approved.
Emerging Technologies and HRMS: Preparing for the future of Work
The post-COVID-19 pandemic era has brought magnanimous changes, significant disruptions, and enormous global breakthroughs, and businesses are getting utilized with the new ongoing innovative trends.
Powering HR for the Future with AI
Artificial Intelligence has been creeping into the modern workplace, and organizations are looking for ways to implement AI to uplift organizations and improve the employee experience. It has become the new normal in various industries across the globe.
Improving Workforce Management with Big Data
Integrating Big Data in workforce management can drive employee performance and enable businesses to stay ahead of the competition. Businesses that have implemented big data can have access to a large pool of employee data and business processes. These large data sets can be combined and analyzed to evaluate the ongoing developments in business performance.
What is Strategic Human Resource Management: HRMS and the future of Work
The future of work looks different. With the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, organizations have shifted to innovative, evolved, and digitized business processes.